Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Friday, February 10, 2017

Prayers, Promises, and Praises

I am fairly new at the social media thing. At my age, I never thought I would be using social networking as an everyday tool. I was frozen with fear when I first signed on, yet as time went on I realized that it was merely something new to learn. I tripped my way around and through it, much like new computer programs at my workplace. The more I pushed and learned, the less intimidating the beast was, and now I am perfectly comfortable with it. It was the same way when I was learning how to push past the fear of praying out loud, and for someone when they asked. Dry mouth and stumbling over my words were the order of the day. Yet God pulled me through, kept me plugged in, and filled my mouth with His words, and continues to do this each day.

Social media is a great tool, but is completely useless if we don’t use it. No one can expect to spread a message, communicate their messages, or do business if this tool is not put to uses. Prayer is the same. It is completely ineffective if it’s promised, but not spoken to God. Telling someone you will pray for them, and not following through, is like having a computer, and never turning it on. If Google can put words on a screen, then rest assured, God can and will put words in your mouth.

We are told this in Jeremiah 1:5-10 NCV when the Lord calls Jeremiah and reassures him.” Before I made you in your mother’s womb, I chose you. Before you were born, I set you apart for a special work. I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah replied.” But Lord God, I don’t know how to speak. I am only a boy.” But the Lord said to me, ”Don’t say, ’I am only a boy. ‘You must go everywhere I send you, and you must say everything I tell you to say. Don’t be afraid of anyone, because I am with you to protect you.” Says the Lord. Then the Lord reached out His hand and touched my mouth. He said to me,”See, I am putting my words in your mouth.

The lesson here is, prayers are powerful tools. When they are promised by us and offered, God will fill our mouths, and then, we give Him all the praise and glory, for He will be with us all.

Mike Shindruk

No comments:

Post a Comment