Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

I Love You This Much

I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Eph 3:16-19 NIV

Roger Rabbit wrote a love letter to his one and only true love. “How do I love you, let me count the ways…one one thousand, two one thousand three one thousand…” This could go on for as long as there was paper and numbers. The largest defined number in the world is a googolplex, that is a one followed by a hundred zeros. And how big is the universe? Scientists theorize the edge of the universe but they continue to find more every day. Things in life seem to have a boundary but we have breached those boundaries on numerous occasions. A hundred miles an hour was thought out of reach yet we fly beyond the speed of sound, the moon seemed unattainable yet we are planning to go to Mars.

My God created the universe and when the scripture says that I cannot grasp the immensity of God’s love for us and that His love surpasses knowledge, I truly cannot fathom it. Then I think of Romans 5.

God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

While we were still unworthy of even speaking His name, He sent His one and only Son to us. His Son, our Saviour, went to the cross so that every man, woman and child on the face of this earth living then, living now and those still to come, would be forgiven through Christ’s sacrifice. He took my filth upon Himself so that I would know a life everlasting. No matter what I see on the telly, hear in the news, see in the streets, my comfort and joy, the thought that keeps me sane is that one day I will be with my Lord in Heaven and when that happens, then I will understand fully.

May you know peace in His presence.

Shalom
Pastor Todd 

No comments:

Post a Comment