Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Believe It Or Not

Did you know that absolutely everything you read on the internet is the perfect truth? I know, remarkable isn’t it? Did you also know that everything that you read in the entertainment magazines is irrefutable truth? Unbelievable but true! Did you know that the news reports from every single newspaper on this planet is completely true and unbiased? No, really, every one of them confirms this! I can’t believe that anyone would question the integrity or unbiased reporting of our national news broadcasters!

Take some time to become informed and truly look into what is being fed to our nations. If the news being broadcast is the truth, it will stand up to the scrutiny of investigation but this does take effort by the individual to ask questions. Nestled carefully on your shoulders is a magnificent gift called a head and within this wonderful part of the body is a well-protected organ called the brain. There is more going on inside the brain than just monitoring the heart and lungs, there is also the God given talent to think for yourself. When the world spoon-feeds you drivel and tries to keep you from forming your own opinions or question their facts, they are trying to get you to conform to their way of thinking. But to what end? And if you do question, there are those out there who will bully you into shutting up or will chastise you for not sharing their view. Where is the fairness in that?

I am a minister of the Word of God, commissioned by God to present a message and if you do not share my opinion, I am not going to condemn you for your stance but I will ask you to keep an open mind. I have had people start arguments with me, demanding I change my opinion to match theirs but I have a mind, I have an opinion and I have investigated my faith.

“Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world” 1 John 4:1 NIV

Test all things, not just what you are opposed to but also what you believe. If the world wants the people of faith to question their beliefs then I expect the world to question their own faith – it is only fair, right? God gave us free will and a brain to examine life. God really does not need to prove His existence but He also does not want a bunch of puppets or robots. His message for us, love God and love your neighbours – how you do it is up to you.

This Sunday we welcome Rev Bob Hillock as he brings the message.

Shalom

Pastor Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment