Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

The Fragility of Life

Having worked for years in the funeral industry, one can develop a rather thick skin when it comes to death. I have been with loved ones as they say goodbye to a friend or family member, held the hand of close friends as they have passed on to glory and the list goes on and on. One thing is common whether they are people of faith or not; most wish they had more time with the deceased. My cousin passed away recently, far too soon and very unexpected. Her passing has hit the family hard leaving many to question why. Many times in the past I have been asked that very question and there are those standard answers that come to mind that you usually hear. Today, I want to answer this question for my friends and family so that they will not have to wrestle with it when my time comes.

If the day comes that I should leave this earth unexpectedly, do not ask why but rather celebrate the fact that I am happy and filled with joy in Glory. Life on earth is short and our time is limited but I have had the time of my life and now I am celebrating with my faith family. Why did it happen so soon? Only God knows the answer to that but what I do know is our time here is only finite. We must make the most of the time God has granted each of us. We, as a faith community, should live the message that this is only the beginning of the perfection that is to come. Celebrate a life well lived and a forever that has now taken over. Faith is knowing that the sting of death is only temporary and one day we will reunite in glory for all time. So when, not if, the day of passing comes for me, know this, it was the right time and I am waiting to see you all again in Glory.

Is this a morbid message to share this wonderful and beautiful summer day? It is actually the perfect message to share because it is one of hope and joy. Live each day like it is your last, share the message of hope and joy with all you meet and celebrate the gift of life provided to each and everyone of us by the Father.

This Sunday, we welcome Chaplain Tim Kirby as celebrate as he shares the Word of God. Sunday service streams on Facebook Live at https://www.facebook.com/todd.macdonald.3158 and starts at 10:30 am MST. We invite you to interact with us as we live stream and join us as we celebrate.

Shalom

Pastor Todd                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment