Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Reheating Your Cup

For most of us, waking up each morning and having a nice hot cup of coffee is what gets us going. I’m definitely one of those people. Now, coffee in itself is not a magical starter fluid, yet it’s more of a routine that we get into. For myself, making the first cup, while I get ready for work each day, is part of the waking process. I drink it as I’m driving to work, and not all, but most days, I will stop at a local Tim’s. My work environment does allow me to sip while I work. Each cup usually gets cold, and rather than discarding it, I simply reheat the cup a few times before it’s finally gone. This may seem odd to some, but I enjoy savoring each sip throughout the day.

Now I always see God in the common things, so here is my connection to a simple cup of coffee. God, in many peoples’ lives is like this. We may wake each morning, and the first thing we do is say thank you, and look forward to Him being a big part of getting our day started. Yet, like the morning cup, we get busy with life, set Him aside and before we know it, our enthusiasm, and reliance on Him, cools down. When we realize this, we can easily reheat His cup of grace by simply spending time with Him. How great is He in our lives, that no matter how many times we allow Him to cool off in our spirit, He is readily available to be right there for us. When we have set Jesus to the outskirts of our days, He is always faithful to us, waiting patiently. Even when we go through a season of not attending church service with our faith family, His is still with us.

It is not my intent to compare God with a simple coffee, yet my point is this. If we allow ourselves to rely on simple human things each day to bring us temporary comfort, then it should be just as easy to keep our relationship with Jesus front and center. If you feel your relationship with God has cooled off as of late, then I encourage you to reheat His cup of goodness for you, and savor each sip. Believe me, it will last much longer than the one you poured this morning.

Mike Shindruk

www.mastershandministry.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment