Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Blame It On The Pastor

I came upon an article in the Babylon Bee (http://babylonbee.com/news/source-its-all-the-pastors-fault/) that took a satirical look at the issues within the church. At first I got quite the kick out of it but then began to realize that there are churches out there that look at the pastor as not only the spiritual leader of the church but also as the mediator, finance officer, planning manager, training leader, building maintenance supervisor, event organizer, board chair and, at times, the plumber that is required to plunge the plugged toilet just minutes before the Sunday service is about to start (yes, this has happened on more than one occasion). Now don’t get me wrong, I love my church and my faith family and I am not complaining but, truth be told, many clergy are more like Jacks and Janets of all trades and being Paul to a congregation tends to take a back seat. I know there are some out there that will say I am wrong and that they don’t have these stressors and, to them, I tip my hat and pray continue to be a blessing to the faith community.

This feels like I am stirring up a hornets nest but I am going to speak the truth. It is a full time responsibility to preach and minister but so often the clergy is sidetracked by other stuff. I love what Paul says to the Ephesians in chapter 3 in verses 8-10 (Msg)

And so here I am, preaching and writing about things that are way over my head, the inexhaustible riches and generosity of Christ. My task is to bring out in the open and make plain what God, who created all this in the first place, has been doing in secret and behind the scenes all along. Through followers of Jesus like yourselves gathered in churches, this extraordinary plan of God is becoming known and talked about even among the angels!

The priority of the clergy, of the leadership and the faithful is to passionately speak the truth and lift up the name of the Saviour throughout the land. This Sunday, we are going to look at Ephesians 3 and explore the passion and joy in sharing His message in all the world. 

If you can not join us in person, we invite you to watch live starting at 11:00 MST on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/todd.macdonald.3158)

May God bless you all richly!

Pastor Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment