Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Faith in My Family

I marvel at family. My brother and I had our disagreements over the years but no matter what, he is my brother and what you do to him, you do to me. I would do anything for my brother and by extension, my sister-in-law and my nieces. When I got married, I found a whole other group of relatives that immediately fell under that umbrella of protection and the same rules apply there as well. My father always taught me that the clan is forever; protect those in the family as they will protect you.

There are times when I am not always in agreement with that statement but in the end, we are family. When I went through difficult times as a youth, Mom, Dad and Tim showed up at the door to pull me out of a bad situation and place me into the protective custody of our home. Funny thought, when I went home, my room was still just as I left it, a little cleaner perhaps, but it was still my room.

My church is also an extension of family. I have also marveled at the history of the Main Avenue family here in Sundre. There have, over the years, been times of disagreement and struggles and I am sure there will be more in the future but we are family and family watches out for each other. I posted a picture on my Facebook page that read; “2000 years ago, Jesus ended the debate of which lives matter – He died for ALL”.  For all those who have the WWJD imprinted on their hearts, take a look at that last statement – all lives matter and we must be available to anyone at any time. Yes, we will have disagreements and no, I will not always get my own way but in the end, Jesus proved that the needs of the family outweigh the needs of the one – He did go to the cross for each of us.

This week, we are celebrating our Annual General Meeting and will broadcast the second half of the meeting live on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/todd.macdonald.3158) at 11:00 AM Mountain Standard or you can listen after the service on the website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca). This is not your typical AGM as the second half will be singing and the Lead Pastor’s report (more of a devotional). We hope to see you there.

Shalom

Pastor Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment