Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Mom, I Love You

If Jesus asked, are you running away from me, or running toward me, could you truthfully answer this question? Our relationship with Jesus is an intimate, one to one union of love. When we stray from, or get angry with Him, He understands, forgives, and loves without conditions. When we are ill and suffering, or healthy and celebrating, He is with us. His love is always the same as He comes into our situation as our comforter, and our confidant.

If we stop to think about it, our mothers are just like Jesus. Now I realize that there are many who, for whatever life circumstance, do not have a healthy loving relationship with their mothers. This saddens me, as my siblings and I have been blessed with a wonderful mom who has always given of herself, for the betterment of her children. We have all gone through seasons where we were mad at her, yet she forgave, when we were ill, she nursed. In her own grief of losing our dad to cancer, she reminded us of God’s love, telling all of us that He never gives us more than we can handle. Like Jesus, she is always our comforter and confidant. I am blessed also to have a wife who does all of this with our children, and me. This is the true strength that only a mother can have.

From the day she brings us home, until the day we carry her home, through all trials and triumphs, without condition, just like Jesus, mothers love us through everything. There may be times when she’ll ask the same question as Jesus, child, do you love me? Without hesitation answer, yes Mom, I love you. You were conceived, carried, born, raised, and set free, all out of love that God placed in our mothers’ spirit. You are not a mistake. You are a miracle.

I’ve heard that soldiers, wounded in battle, inherently cry out for their mothers, perhaps from the bond of being woven in her womb. I encourage all, whether in battle or victory, if she is still with you or in heaven, if you are a husband, son, or daughter, offer a prayer of thanks to God for her. This Mother’s Day take time to reflect how she is the nurturing maternal connection to Jesus, as He is the nurturing eternal connection to our Heavenly Father.

Mike Shindruk

www.mastershandministry.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment