Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Equality In The Master’s Eyes

It is so funny how many times I have heard from others that I have God’s ear or that I have a special line to the “Big Guy”. So often people ask me to say a special prayer for their friend who is not well because, “you know, you are one of God’s guys…right?” Here is the 411 on these statements and so many more I have heard over the past 17 years of ministry; I have no more or less power than anyone else when it comes to prayer or the measure of God’s love.

So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Gal 3:26-28 NIV

So, my question is this; have you prayed today? Have you prayed for that special friend who is in dire need of God’s healing touch? Have you prayed for that cousin who is in need of comfort from the Master? Have you helped someone to take time to pray for their own need? I am not saying that I will not pray for others but I do want others to know that we are all equal in God’s eyes.

I love the idea that God has no favourites. He loves Dr. Billy Graham just as much as He loves me, just as much as He loves Clint, the homeless guy in downtown Metrotown. Some suggest that because there are those who are better off than others, they are more blessed but we are judging God’s love by methods of mankind’s measure. God’s love is a pure and complete for we are all one in Christ. When I pray, my God, your God, is listening and when you pray, He is there, as perfectly and listening as intently as He is to anyone else. In Heaven there is no class, no first class or second class. God is there for all His children.

This Sunday we look at this and more. May you be blessed richly in His love and remember, keep on praying.


Pastor Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment