Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Lean On Me


I absolutely love when my wife and I hug each other. She has this unspoken leaning into my chest that tells me that she rests, knowing that I am her protector. Our children and grandchildren do the same thing. That few seconds or longer, lets me know that their safety and security is placed in my hands. It also reminds me that God has us in His hands, and under His protection and provision. Even our family pet cat, when picked up, will turn her head and push hard into my wife’s chin, and our son’s dog is constantly craving a belly rub, or cuddle. You see, people and pets alike know when they are loved, and protected. Myself as a father and husband, through my actions, tell those around me that they can always lean on me. Can I fix everything? No, yet I can give comfort and will do whatever it takes to keep my loved ones safe and provided for.

This week I sat at the bedside of a friend who is very close to going home to meet Jesus. Before I went to visit, I looked for scripture to give him comfort within our conversation. I shared John 14:2-5 with him as a way of trying to calm the fear he may have of staring at his own home going. I point blank asked him if he had Jesus in his heart, or believed in God, to which he replied, yes. This scripture then gave him the assurance that his room is being made ready, and that God knows his heart and has a place in eternity for him. Even in this, I was able to lean into Jesus’ chest, and on God, my Father for guidance and words to share. My friend got to lean into God’s chest. My youngest son visited a friend who passed away and walked that line of mourners and family to pay his respects. A tough thing to do, yet God drew him to His chest and assured him that his grief was carried by Jesus. It also showed that God was with a grieving family.

Whether someone is eighty or eight minutes old, God will cradle us all in His arms. Psalm 119:132 NIV” Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name”. When we call on Jesus, and welcome his arms around us, lean in hard to His chest, then He knows what we are saying. It tells Him that we too, are putting all our trust in His protection, comfort, and provision. When we do this in our troubled times, our heart will hear Him say, my child, I’m here, just lean on Me.

Mike Shindruk
www.mastershandministry.blogspot.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment