Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Who Are You?

If I got a dollar for every time I got asked “what church are you a preacher at” and “what denomination is that” I would be rather well off. So often we are defined by the denomination rather than our faith walk. If we are to be truthful, when I tell people I am with the Nazarene Church, they ask “what do they believe?” I am going to say something here that may get me in trouble but I tell you the truth. I am Nazarene by membership but am Christian by faith. Over the past twenty one years, I have taught, preached and worshiped in numerous denominations and the one thing that is consistent is the Message. Some people like sports cars and others like trucks. If the vehicle gets you from point a to point b, then does the vehicle really matter? As long as Christ is at the center of the celebration, does it matter if they dance in the aisles or sit on their hands?

Who am I? Is this the question we ask ourselves or that we need to ask ourselves? Who am I? Am I a faithful follower of Christ who is transparent in my walk or do I wrap myself and the congregation in the denominational blanket and protect us all from the evils of the world? I believe we are all ambassadors of truth and must be open and honest with the world. We are the planters of seeds in our communities and must work with others to build the faith community in our society. Did you know there are no denominations in Heaven? Did you know that we are all God’s children equally? Did you know that no one denomination is absolutely perfect? Did you know that His way is perfect?

But that’s no life for you. You learned Christ! My assumption is that you have paid careful attention to him, been well instructed in the truth precisely as we have it in Jesus. Since, then, we do not have the excuse of ignorance, everything—and I do mean everything—connected with that old way of life has to go. It’s rotten through and through. Get rid of it! And then take on an entirely new way of life—a God-fashioned life, a life renewed from the inside and working itself into your conduct as God accurately reproduces his character in you. Eph 4:20-24

I am not here to glorify the message of the denomination but rather to declare the Truth to the world. My church denomination is a wonderful group and a vital part of a much bigger reality and that is the faith family of Christ. The old ways, in some cases, led to divisiveness and conflict. Let us gather in His way for it is the way of truth and perfection. So much more can and will be accomplished when we work together to declare Him King, united under one banner and calling out to the world “My God Reigns”.

This Sunday, we will look at unity under one banner, the banner of the risen Saviour. We invite you to join us either in person (we are limited to numbers inside the building) or online. Should you wish to join us online, click on either link below to join us live:

Facebook Live - https://www.facebook.com/main.ave.31

YouTube Live – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs9LIkN_QTdVM6eVXEgy9QA

See you all Sunday.

Blessings,

Pastor Todd

www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca

 

No comments:

Post a Comment