Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Lord, Give Me Strength


Have you ever been so incensed over something said that you want to scream out? I have my moments when the referee makes a call I don’t agree with and if I am playing the game, I control that urge but I will yell at the television. There are times when I am watching the news that the views of the correspondents do not line up with my ideology but running through my mind is the fact that they have as much right to their opinion as I do – even if it is wrong. I do question the neutrality of the media but that is a topic for another day however I do wonder about the experts they select for the professional opinion. Such a wonderment arose the other day as I watched the news. They had a gentleman on who is an expert in the field of movie reviews talking about the movie “Un-planned”. Now remember, we are all allowed our own opinion and views and I can respect his stance but there is a line that should not be crossed. His opposition to the movie release in the theatres made him question where the minds of the theatre owners were because it was, in his opinion, a travesty to allow this to happen. Again, it was his opinion and I can respect that but then he said “if there was a racist film being shown in that theatre, would we tolerate it?” At this point, the attack went too far.

The world wants the Christian community to be respectful of their stance and views. The church has been legislated out of the halls of government, the classrooms and public forums and the faith community has said fine. The faith community has been bullied into keeping silent and, in many cases, the primary message is love, peace and compassion for all people of the world. Catastrophe hits and the first feet on the ground is usually the faith community asking for nothing but giving its all. Where there is a need, the faith community is ready to pitch in and those who receive are grateful for the help. This is done for all regardless of race, religion, gendre or ability. It is not about proselytizing but rather about caring for our fellow inhabitants of this great world. So why attack those who only want to gather and celebrate our God and His message? Lord, give us strength to continue on despite the slings and arrows.

This Sunday, we gather in faith and fellowship to celebrate the giver of life, the King of all kings. We look to the Word (Ps 119:25-32) and give thanks that He gives us the strength we require to carry on in His name. We invite you to join us if you can at 10:30 MST on Sunday or watch live online on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/ ) or view it afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca).

Blessings
Pastor Todd

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35


No comments:

Post a Comment