Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Like A Good Neighbour…


Years ago, we lived beside a couple who were absolutely wonderful. He seemed to know the answers to all life’s questions and a quick visit usually turned into a very lengthy conversation. We could have solved all the world’s problems had we not been called home for supper. Across the way was another neighbour who was also ready and willing to chime in and those conversations generally meant the lawn didn’t get mowed but we all went away much wiser. It was said that if Vic didn’t know the answer, Les knew and if none of us knew the answer, it really wasn’t that important. The thing about this relationship is that we each had each other’s backs and would give our eye teeth to help if we could. There are so many people in my life that I can count on and truly want only the best for not only myself bit for many others around them. I could name names but I am sure I would forget someone but my parents and my wife’s parents come to mind as those we trust the most. Part two to this, Natalie and I try to emulate that attitude in our lives with those around us because it is how we were raised and what we grew up knowing as the norm. We were taught to honour our neighbours and always be there when they were in need. That is what we saw, that is what we understood to be the way it should be.

Psalm 119 from the Message prompted me to write on the perfection of His message to us all. While it is true that it is not by works that we are saved but rather by faith in our Saviour, Jesus Christ, His example of perfect and selfless love for all His creation serves as a template for our lives. While the world contemplates how to get the most regardless of those around them, God says serve my people, love my people, feed my people. Those who have taken time out of their lives did not have to but it is in their nature to share what they have, what they know, with those around them. Many times I have seen people who do not get along all that well drop what they are doing to help each other out. They do this because it is in their nature, they are following the example of their Creator. So, here is my plea and it comes right from Psalm 119. Open my eyes so I can see what You show me of Your miracle wonders. I’m a stranger in these parts; give me clear direction. (Msg). Are you ready to take on that challenge? Are you ready to ask God to open your eyes to see the fullness of His miracles? If you are ready and willing, ask God to share His plan with you, listen intently and when you hear His message, walk through the door and grab a hold of His opportunity.

This Sunday we continue with the Psalm 119 Series. We invite you to join us if you can at 10:30 MST on Sunday or watch live online on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/ ) or view it afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca).

Blessings
Pastor Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment