Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

How Invasive!


I have often heard from wise counsel that I should think twice before speaking once. Consider this; would you say that in front of your Grandmother? If I were to be completely honest with you and myself, I would say there have been many occasions when the mouth was engaged but the brain was still in neutral. As the words flow from my mouth, the brain is screaming “shut up, shut up!!” It is funny to think that the art of backpedaling is a gift for some. Things I have said out of anger, spite, jealousy or hurtfulness over my lifetime could fill a book or two. I have apologized on numerous occasions and, at times, have been met with “I don’t think I could ever forgive you”, in fact I have said that a time or two. There have been times when I have heard the words “I forgive” but can sense in their heart they have not.

Scripture records that Jesus said, “What do you want of me”.
“Forgive me my Lord!”
“Your sins are forgiven, go and sin no more”.
The Pharisee asked “who is this who forgives sins?”

He is the Lord of lords, King of kings and Saviour of all mankind and He knows us more intimately than we know ourselves. Many find this a bit intrusive but there is nothing we can really do about it. When Jesus was ministering throughout the land, He knew those who were against Him, those who were calling Him out on numerous occasions yet He said for all to hear “I forgive you”. God knows your very essence, your deepest thoughts and even the hairs on your head are numbered. This can, for some, be truly uncomfortable because it may seem rather invasive especially if you do not believe in God but He is the Almighty Creator and with us all regardless of what we believe or think. To accept His presence in our lives means we understand His fullness in our existence. To give up our selfishness, our sins, to Christ means we understand we have nothing to hide, nothing to fear. In Him, our lives are made complete.

We invite you to join us this Sunday as we continue to explore His love for us all. Join us if you can at 10:30 MST on Sunday or you can watch us live online on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/) or view it afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca).

Blessings
Pastor Todd


No comments:

Post a Comment