Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Taking Inventory


For years, I have tried to live up to the standards of other people. Numerous times I have been called the Chameleon because I was able to adjust and become what others needed me to be. Sometimes the result was not condusive to a solid Christian testimony but it did feel good to be needed, to fill that special niche in other’s lives. I reveled in this ability and worked at becoming the master of all specialties but it came with a price. Over time I began to realize I did not truly know who I was and every time I took off a mask, another one was right below it waiting to replace it.

We are made in the image of God. Everytime we put on a mask and try to hide who we truly are, we deny our true selves. We become actors (some may even say liars) in our own skin and over time we truly loose our sense of self. There are so many who believe the lies they create to the point where the mask no longer comes off. The mask may be there to hide our true self but when the mask does not come off, what then? I came to the realization that the masks I wore were not helping me to survive but were more of a shield that kept me from harm.

God made mankind in His own image. What exactly is this image? Jesus truy defines the image for us. Christ is love and compassion, righteousness personified and the perfection of forgiveness in His sacrifice. I am made in this image, an image that needs no mask to protect for Holy Spirit is the protector of all. Love God with absolutley every ounce of your being and love your neighbour as yourself. No masks are needed here. The perfection in your testimony of His love is the story you tell when you leave the mask behind. So here is the question; will you take inventory of the masks in your luggage and give them up. Has the time come to declare the truth in who you really are? I am a child of God and am made in His image. Live to the standards Christ prescribed, live in the image of God and trust in Him.

This Sunday, we are back!! Stay tuned to Facebook @MainAvenueFellowship. Service starts at 10:30 MST and can be seen live on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/) or viewed afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca). www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca

Blessings all,
Pastor Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment