Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Shelter of His Arms

Have you ever felt like you were just stuck? For no particular reason, your interest in certain things just seems to go silent. I want to encourage you that you’re not alone. I struggle with these thoughts just like many others. We all have seasons of self-doubt about our worth, our value, our contributions to our family and friends. I don’t have many answers, yet, I know where help is available. In Christ, that’s where. It may seem unrealistic to many to expect physical answers to come from God, but they do.

He knows each of our situations, and puts our faith and blood family in our path and in our midst just when we need them the most. Our need for human touch is so great, that without it, we can and will fold. When we become overwhelmed by the demand on our time, energy and resources, we should see this as measure of our value to those around us. Our employers, our friends, our families and yes, even our church body will demand our attention. We will worry about each other, our health, finances and our future then one day something will just give out. Where are we to run to and who can we turn to? In a WORD, Jesus that’s who. Psalm 121:2 NIV tells us “My help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth”. When we cry out, even in our own silence, He hears us. Psalm 116:1-2 NIV assures us. “I love the Lord, for He heard my voice, He heard my cry for mercy. Because He turned His ear to me, I will call on Him as long as I live”.

This is hard for many people to do. If it was easy all the time, everyone would do it. We are not meant to fix everything or solve every problem. God can and will take over, if we just let Him. I encourage you today, that if you feel like you’re stuck, call on Him, cry out to Him. He knows the voice of His sheep, and His sheep know His voice. Listen closely through the static, and you will hear His soft calming voice saying, come to me child there is peace in the shelter of My arms.

Mike Shindruk
www.mastershandministry.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment