Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Home Sweet Home

I have often been told that home is where the heart is and I can truly believe it. I have been away at the Cadet Army Camp for the past four weeks, have two more to go and I have not been home a lot over that time. The schedule for me is four days out and three days at home and those three days are filled to capacity. My puppy gets extra hugs, my wife gets extra time and attention, my friends are sought out and then there is my church family.

When I come home for those three days all I want to do is sleep and relax but there is so much to do and so little time but what suffers the most is my time with my Father in Heaven. I work at the camp for 12 hours a day on average and my priority is the Cadets and seeing to their emotional and, in some cases, their spiritual health. While I am there, that is where my heart is and my partner in the Youth Advisor office is also tracking with that focus as well. There is little time for reflection or meditation because it is always busy. Last week we were out doing some training with the Cadets and Tyler helped them to find a centering peace with meditation. I figured that this was the perfect time to let him guide me through the process (he has a great mediation technique) and I spent a solid five minutes or so in silence and mediation. I sought out my Lord during this time of meditation and, in that time, I was home.

The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Come and see what the Lord has done, the desolations he has brought on the earth.
He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear; he burns the shields with fire.
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”
The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. Ps 46:7-11 NIV

The chaos that surrounds us every day can be overwhelming at times and the roar of the world can drown out the beauty of that which God has provided but I think we tend to forget that God can silence the chaos, He is there in the turmoil and can bring that peace, we need only to take time out of the day to be still, take time to be with Him and acknowledge that Jesus is Lord. My God is all around me, all around us all, whether we are at home, in church or hours away from our abode. Where two or more are gathered, there our Lord will be also. Home is where the heart is and my heart is with the Lord.

Blessings all,


Pastor Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment