Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Peter's Picks

 

The Perfect 7-day Diet – Peter’s Picks 

‘Two Sides to Every Promise’ 

Day 1: Psalm 9:9, 10 - Trouble will come – God says – “The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you.” 

Day 2: 1 Peter 5:6, 7 - Anxiety will come – God says – “So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.” 

Day 3: Psalm 34:4, 5 - Fear will come – God says – “I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears. Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces.” 

Day 4: Proverbs 4:20-22 - Health issues will come – God says – “My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words. Don’t lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body.” 

Day 5: Psalm 27:13, 14 - Suffering will come – God says – “Yet I am confident I will see the Lord’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living. Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.” 

Day 6: 1 John 2:1 - Sin will come – God says – “My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous.” 

Day 7: 2 Corinthians 12:9, 10 - Weakness will come – God says – “Each time he said, ‘My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.’ So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” 

** Verses taken from the New Living Translation 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment