Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

The Way, Truth and Life

Back to Basics should be the theme for the Christian movement in our world. We get so caught up in dissecting the Bible that we miss the most basic of messages that is as plain as the nose on our faces. I sat in a conference with a whole bunch of my peers who are far more educated than I am and was taken aback at the conversation. Not only did the discussion get hung up on the tense of a couple words in Greek but it also started a rather heated debate as to how it affected the meaning of the passage. As a counsellor, I have, over the past many years, developed a passion to help others come to an amicable decision that would alleviate the tension but, in this particular situation, I opted to remain silent and observe. There have been numerous times I have been thought the fool because I did not interject and there have been many more occasions in the past where I have opened my mouth and proved it.

Over the past few weeks, we have been talking about going back to basics, simplifying the message so that it is not some major effort to attain the grace of God. Our Father in Heaven did not want the journey to Glory to seem like a daunting task that only the very best of the best would be abled to attain. Last week, we boiled the commandments of God down to two basic principles; love God with all your passion and love others with the same passion God has for us. Would you harm your neighbour in any way if your passion was to see them succeed? Would you turn your back on a friend if they were hurting? Would you turn your back on God if you didn’t get your own way? Tough questions but these are the things we need to look at when we are sharing the message with those around us. So, now the big question. Would I purposely harm those around me by not sharing the simple, basic message that God shared with us?

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

Jesus had just finished telling the disciples that He was going to prepare a place for them, to trust Him and to be prepared. Jesus has prepared the way for eternal joy in Glory through His sacrifice for us all and then simply stated “I am the way, the truth and the life”. I have heard so many complex methodologies to salvation using words I do not understand where a simple basic statement would suffice. Jesus, I am a sinner, forgive me for I now declare you as Lord and Saviour. Trust in Jesus with all you are and believe that He is way to Glory, to eternal life. Let us resolve to avoid the crazy arguments over semantics and simply embrace the basic message, He loves us so much that He sent His Son for each and everyone of us; those who embrace the love of the Son will not perish but rather enjoy life eternal.

We invite you to join us this Sunday either in person or watch us online at 10:30 AM.

Facebook Live - https://www.facebook.com/main.ave.31

YouTube Live – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs9LIkN_QTdVM6eVXEgy9QA

We look forward to seeing you this Sunday.

Blessings,

Pastor Todd

www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment