Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

At The End Of The Rope

What does it take for you to reach the end of your rope? Growing up, I heard this quite a bit, along with “you are getting on my last nerve”, “I have just about had enough” and “you’re enough to make a saint swear.” I never understood that last one until I realized just how much the saints had to put up with in their own lives. Over the past two years, we have endured health calamities, droughts, storms, more health pandemics (we are on wave four of how many?), the Leafs failing to make it out of round one of the playoffs, again, terrorist attacks, elections, more elections, and even more elections. There were promises made that were not kept, promises made in secret that came to light that should not have been made, discoveries that have rocked a nation and unspoken secrets that have yet to be revealed. I now think back to my youth, “I have reached the end of my rope! You go to your room until you learn better!” I head up to my room, the curtains are drawn, music plays softly in the background, and I close my eyes to contemplate the world around me while taking time to pray for peace and comfort. This is the place where I find the greatest comfort, wrapped in the arms of my wonderful Lord and feeling His strength as the world challenges that perfect peace.

Do I sound pessimistic? Please don’t, for a moment, think that I am in a dark and desperate place because it is the exact opposite, for I am confident in the Lord and find encouragement to carry on, I find power in my Saviour. When I get to what I think is the end of my rope, God says to me “Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will bring you rest” Matthew 11:28. When I hear the news speak of another atrocity, another nation splitting revelation, God says to me “For I hold you by your right hand— I, the Lord your God. And I say to you, ‘Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you.” Isa 41:13. When I have had just about enough, the Holy Spirit says to me “Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall. But you, O God, will send the wicked down to the pit of destruction. Murderers and liars will die young, but I am trusting you to save me.” Ps 55:22-23 There are many out there who have reached the breaking point and do not have a place to turn for relief. It has been a rough couple of years for so many and I fear there is more to come. How can we best respond to those who are at their last straw? Pray for them, encourage them to seek out the beauty and miracles that surround them and help them to “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.” Pro 3:5-6

We invite you to join us this Sunday either in person or watch us online at 10:30 AM.

Facebook Live - https://www.facebook.com/main.ave.31

YouTube Live – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs9LIkN_QTdVM6eVXEgy9QA

We look forward to seeing you this Sunday.

Blessings,

Pastor Todd

www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment