Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Monday, June 3, 2019

Try To See It His Way


I recently celebrated yet another birthday. The out pouring of greetings both personal and on social media was very touching. As I walked next door to visit my mom just before church service, it hit me. She has looked into my eyes on every one of my sixty three birthdays. What blessings that God has given to both she and I.  She has watched me from my infancy through my younger years all of my life, and I have watched her age into her eighties. I also thought that God was looking into my eyes through my mother’s at the moment I was born.  Just like my mom, He has been with me every day, through every moment, and with every breath.

I wonder what He must be thinking when He does that with all of us. I would expect that He celebrates the plan He has mapped out for each of us, as in Jeremiah, as He waits patiently for us to accept Him into our lives. Can you imagine for a moment that He sees, through our eyes an entire lifetime of love, hate, joy, sorrow, happiness and disappointment? Like my mother, Jesus will look into our eyes and heart on every birthday given to us. The question I put out there now is this. Will we realize that He sees everything we see, and will we use His gift of free will to align ourselves with Him?  Will we accept Him as the one and only true Messiah as Lord and Savior of our lives? Will we go through this life and leave this world a better place than when we arrived? I certainly hope so.

There are times lately when it is hard to view the world in a positive light. It seems that our society is degrading at an alarming rate. Social media and all the toys have replaced hand written notes and face to face conversations. Commitment of marriage has been replaced with arrangement of temporary convenience. We concentrate on a forecast of forty percent chance of rain, rather than a sixty percent chance of sunshine. So is our world doomed? I really don’t know. What I do know is if our circumstance is not where we are content then we need to change. Look to the mountains as in Psalm 121. Ask Jesus into your life as a permanent resident, and accept God’s promise in John 3:16.

For a moment, put yourself in Jesus’s sandals and try to see your life through His eyes. Imagine His voice asking you to try to see it His way. Do this, and see how quickly, for the better, your life will change.

Mike Shindruk
www.mastershandministry.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment