Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

God’s Creation


Tomorrow I am heading into the backcountry with a couple of friends to enjoy the majesty of God’s creation. There are those who say that to truly enjoy the wilderness, one must do so on the back of a horse, others are adamant that you can only enjoy the peace of His nature by hiking through the splendor of the forests. For some, there is the “only way” to appreciate and fully enjoy the gift God has provided and that is to share it. It doesn’t matter if you get to that place by planes, trains or automobiles but rather that you be prepared to share it. That is the absolute key, share your experience with the one or ones who are closest to you and you can even do this when you are completely alone. In that place, where the only noise is your own breath, remember this, you are never alone. I am fortunate to be able to get into the backcountry with friends, how I get there is inconsequential, the company I am with is of utmost importance.

My God has never left me, He has never forsaken me. I am never alone for He is with me, His rod and His staff, they comfort me. He gives me a safe haven to rest, food to nourish and water to quench my thirst. His protection surrounds and guides me through the trials and temptations of life that can lead to ultimate death and I feel so comforted knowing that I will dwell with Him now and forever. (Ps 23 my paraphrase). It matters not the way I get to that place, be it by horseback or by quad, it only matters that I am with Him, and my friends, in that place that God has provided with friends who mean the world to me. God provides and for that I am so thankful.

This Sunday, I will be with a whole group of wonderful youth showing them the majesty of the great outdoors. Rev Glenn Reeder will be bringing the message this weekend and we invite you to join us if you can at 10:30 MST on Sunday or you can watch us live online on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/) or view it afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca).

Blessings
Pastor Todd


No comments:

Post a Comment