Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Monday, March 26, 2018

The Final Covenant


I want to draw your attention to the Perfect Promise, the Holy Handshake, the absoluteness of His Word.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deut 31:6

Old Testament promise that He will never leave. I have heard that promise and yet I have questioned some occasions. My grandparents told me that they would never leave me and yet when they passed I had a tough time forgiving them for leaving me. Friends have come and gone, some passed away and some just disappeared. Promises broken and trust damaged. How do we learn to trust again when a loved one or a trusted friend leaves and breaks their solemn oath?

…surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matt 28:20

Jesus said these words at the end of His ministry. A short time later, He hung on a cross, battered and bruised, teetering on the brink of death. Then it happened; He died. In the eyes of those who followed Him, trusted Him, they were disappointed and even let down. They dispersed from the area and, I dare say, felt very dejected and betrayed. The promise was broken and their Messiah was gone.

Many look to the cross as the ultimate symbol of the Covenant but this Sunday, I want to explore the something different. What if the symbol of the Christ’s Covenant was actually the empty tomb? Jesus died but by overcoming the grave and declaring the fulfillment of His promise, He has sealed the promise with His Holy return. We invite you to join us this Sunday either in person or online to celebrate Christ’s glorious triumph over death. Services start at 10:30 MST and can be seen live on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/) or viewed afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca).

Blessings
Pastor Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment