Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Speaking of Savings


Are you saved? Have you saved? Do you have savings? Have you ever saved anything? These questions may seem odd on the surface, but this past week as we adjusted our clocks to somehow save an hour of daylight, it occurred to me that we always seem to be trying to save something. Personally, I have saved things that are dear to me, such as small gifts from my children, photos and mementoes from vacations, coins, and even a flower from my father’s funeral. These all remind me of a personal physical connection to those I love, and places I have been. We all try and save money for a rainy day, or retirement, and these days that is a most difficult thing to do. We do this to try and somehow secure our future and to make life a bit easier as we get older.

Well, saving of anything must be pretty important as even Jesus does it. I’m sure we’ve all heard the term “Jesus saves”. What this translates into is that when we come to a place in our heart where we accept Him as our Savior, believe that He is the Son of God, learn about and follow Him, then we are on the path to being with Him for eternity in Heaven. We will soon be remembering His sacrifice of himself on the cross for us, and celebrating His resurrection. Although the date is inaccurate, the most important thing is that we remember and acknowledge that his body died so we could live.

Now to many people who do not know Him, or of Him, this concept is abstract and not understood. We as faithful followers must be careful when using terms such as “ I am saved, or are you saved”. The first time I was asked that I didn’t understand the question. What I do understand is that saving something precious to us for our future makes sense to us a people. Well, Jesus, who is God in flesh form, was sent to live among us and die for us. He did this for all of our “sins”, or things we do and get wrong.

In short, all of us represent in our understanding, the coins, stamps, photos, and flowers of our lives that He wants so much to save and keep with Him for the future, our eternity. So, are you saved? In one sense, yes, in another sense we need to work on that. We must be worth the world to Him, as He is investing so much into saving all of us.

Mike Shindruk
www.mastershandministry.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment