Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

In The Silence


As I sat in complete silence listening to the nothingness during the last snowfall, I got lost in the solitude of being alone. The falling snow muffled the already still atmosphere of the mountain seclusion. Not a noise was heard, not even the snow falling gently on the ground all around me. Lord, what did I do to deserve such a time of complete peace and serenity with my surroundings? Natalie has a habit of humming or singing and, had she been there, the silence would have been broken by her delightful addition but this was a time I needed to hear what God needed me to hear.

 Don’t be obsessed with getting more material things. Be relaxed with what you have. Since God assured us, “I’ll never let you down, never walk off and leave you,” we can boldly quote, God is there, ready to help;

I am never alone. At the lowest point in our lives we can rest assured that we are never alone. Our God is with us for now and, thankfully, forever. His love and support is never-ending and forever. This is the message we must rejoice in, celebrate and even shout from the mountaintops. In my Lord, I can be assured, by this covenant, that in all times, good or challenging, He is there to celebrate the achievements or to give strength to overcome. Let us finish off Hebrews 13:5-6;

I’m fearless no matter what. Who or what can get to me?

I am fearless in all circumstances because even when I am alone, my Father in Heaven is right there. Like a guardian in the darkness, His light shines bright; there is nothing to fear because my God reigns. Any time you feel alone or at your wits end, take time out and call upon the Lord, He is there for you!

This Sunday, we welcome Rev. Glenn Reeder to the pulpit and look forward to what the Lord has laid upon his heart. We invite you to join us this Sunday either in person or online. Services start at 10:30 MST and can be seen live on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/) or viewed afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca).

Blessings
Pastor Todd


No comments:

Post a Comment