Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Monday, September 18, 2017

Where Does My Help Come From

Natalie and I were coming back from a friend’s house the other night and Natalie asked me to slow down so she could take a picture of the mountains. We live twenty minutes away from the mountains and see the beauty of God’s majesty almost every day but this was different. For months now, the mountains have been hidden by a cloak of smoke from all the fires west of us but this day they were revealed in full glory.


There are times when the issues of the world can blind us to the glory of God’s magnificence and if we are in the cloud of smoke and darkness for long enough there is a tendency to lose sight of the importance and glory of God and seek out alternate coping methods. But if you climb high enough and seek the light beyond the smoke, you will find the darkness is only finite. The glory of the Lord is never far from any of us, He is with us whether we can see Him or not.


I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2

This Sunday we will explore Psalms 121 and how this speaks to our hope moving forward. Join us in person or live on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/todd.macdonald.3158) at 10:30 MST.


Shalom
Pastor Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment