Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Come Holy Spirit

This past week I witnessed the best and the worst in human behavior. Master’s Hand Ministry hosted our seventh retreat at Camp Geddie this past weekend. I soaked in the services and was given a break from leading worship. I saw a fantastic team of people who allowed Holy Spirit to take over and quilt everything together. Our special guests, Michael and Naomi Knoll from Hearts of Motion, in New Brunswick shared messages and music to demonstrate God’s power in our lives. The organizing team within our ministry, from the kitchen staff, to our co-worship team of John and Roxann Spicer, all worked as a unit. The sharing of time, prayer, and encouragement filled the hearts of the sixty or so who attended.

I also witnessed, while waiting for a medical appointment, a lady sitting and just listening as an elderly patient spoke volumes of stories, just engaging with another human. An elderly man, sitting alone, was reading newspapers and magazines, and when we were all called, it was found that he did not register for an appointment. He was frail, and somewhat confused, then I saw him being handled in the most gentle manner. On the doctor’s discreet orders, his staff quickly jumped to make a spot for the elderly gentleman to be seen by the already taxed physician. All of these things were done out of love, not obligation. You see, what I saw was the loving power of Holy Spirit coming from within these people. They were doing what Jesus would do, and that is to serve one another.

Then, there was the ugly side of human behavior. I watched news reports of the devastating hurricanes that our American neighbors were enduring, I saw looters running amok. In the midst of all the mayhem of storms, they were looting a shoe store in gangs. I saw how people can pounce if given the chance, yet others would do what Jesus would do. They chose to have wet feet in stolen goods, rather than help someone else.

Well, I’m glad to have put more words into the good side of this week rather than the desperate evil. I’m sure God will look after all of those in these instances. I’ll close with this scripture for all of us to ponder. Joshua 24:15.NIV, But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”

Mike Shindruk
www.mastershandministry.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment