Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Seeking Grace

I spent almost an hour looking for my glasses a while back. This was not the first time and I know for a fact it will not be the last time. They sell strings for glasses so that, when you take your glasses off, they hang down around your neck and you know where they are. There are numerous glasses around my house. Prescription sunglasses, regular sunglasses, my prescription glasses, my bifocals, cheaters and so on are laying about the house, office and in my truck. Now, I looked high and low for my glasses but to no avail, they were no where to be found. When I took my hat off, however, they fell from the brim of the hat and onto the floor. They had been with me the whole time, safe and sound. Funny how the only time I start hunting for my glasses is when I truly need them. They had been on the brim of my hat for hours, but I did not truly start to seek them out until I needed to read the fine print on some instructions. It is interesting how we only truly start to seek when we are in dire need. Consider this, you have put your cell phone down somewhere and are in dire need of it because it contains so much of your life and it would be a travesty or even the end of the world for some, if the phone was to be lost for good. So much of our lives is tied up in this one object and the elation felt when the phone is found is such a release. There may be some reading this who have never had the experience of losing their glasses or a cellphone and that is just fine but for those who have, there is a fear of loss, a panic to seek out and joy when it is found.

There have been many occasions when I have sat with people who feel they have lost their way and are, in some cases, panicking because they figure they are forever lost. I have seen the worry on their faces, heard the sorrow and fear in their voices as they relate the facts but, like those strings that we had on our mitts when we were young, they aren’t truly lost because there is still an attachment, and we only need to come to realize God will never leave us or forsake us. This is, for some, hard to understand but allow me to explain.

13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16 You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

17 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered!
18 I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up, you are still with me! Ps 139:13-18 NLT

You, Lord, have known me before I was even aware of You, and I have never been lost because You have always known where I am. There were times when I have walked away and become lost in the world but when I come to realize where I am, I find You right there, watching over me and caring for my. Like my glasses on the brim of hat, You have been close by, I was just too caught up in other things to realize where You were. And when I wake up, You are there, still there with me and protecting me. This is not only a personal revelation but also one I have shared with many others throughout the years. God has promised He will not leave us or forsake us. He is there in the good times celebrating with us and beside us in the times of greatest sorrow, protecting and comforting. Seek out His grace in your life, call out to Him because He is never far away, His love and grace goes with us and before us. Praise God for His commitment to all His children.

This week we continue the series on “The Way, Truth and Life, Seeking Grace”. We invite you to join us this Sunday either in person or watch us online at 10:30 AM.

Facebook Live - https://www.facebook.com/main.ave.31

YouTube Live – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs9LIkN_QTdVM6eVXEgy9QA

We look forward to seeing you this Sunday.

Blessings,

Pastor Todd

www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.com

 


No comments:

Post a Comment