Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Life Based On Luck

I often wonder about the term “blind luck.” Just last week, I was supposed to be meeting with a group of people but we slept in, I wasn’t going to be ready, I hate showing up late for anything and thus I decided to send my regrets. Not five minutes after my decision, the phone rang and it was a good friend of mine wanting to get together as soon as possible. It sounded urgent so I got out of bed and raced to get ready. Twenty minutes later, I was sitting in front of my friend listening intently as he poured out his frustrations and his thoughts.

To some, this may not seem like a big thing but the significance of the events led to much bigger and more wonderful things and, even now, I am not sure just where this will end up – only God knows. If I were to relate the events in full, it would take more space than is available here but, suffice to say, they all fit together nicely and for a greater purpose. Some may say this is just blind luck but I choose to believe it is God’s guidance. I am not sure I want to rely on blind luck for my circumstances in life but I know I can rely on God’s purpose and guidance.

Think of this for a moment; God laid out the plan for the birth of His son and in order for all the events to happen, the odds come in somewhere around 1 in 10 to the power of 21. Now,  according to Mathematician Peter Stoner, this is like filling the land mass of the earth to the depth of 120 feet in silver dollars, then marking one single dollar and randomly burying it somewhere in this mass and getting someone else to find it while blindfolded. God knows what He is doing and He is not blind luck. When God says He has this, it truly means He has it well in hand, why leave it up to blind luck?

This Sunday, we finish will the series on Fear, The Devil’s Playground. Services start at 10:30 MST and can be seen live on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/) or viewed afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca).

Blessings
Pastor Todd


No comments:

Post a Comment