Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Thursday, November 16, 2017

It’s Not Always About Me

I have a question for you; do I attack your views, your beliefs or your faith? No? Why is that? Is it that I respect your position? Is it that I support and endorse your views? Is it that I expect you to respect my right to have a stance or an opinion without being attacked or bullied into taking on a similar stance with you?

Over the years, a few readers have questioned the opinions of the writers and contributors to this blog spot. In the majority of the cases, the conversations and debates have been spirited but respectful however, on the odd occasion, I have had to have sidebar discussions because the attacks became personal rather than about the topic. I don’t want to get into specifics but, in the past, when we discuss some controversial issues and someone decides we are talking about them specifically, the derogatory descriptors come out and we are back on our heels. So here is the question; why is your opinion so much more correct than my position?

Wars are fought, lines drawn and relationships are broken because people don’t respect the beliefs or faith of others. If I proclaim what I believe to be the truth, I am not forcing you to change your position, belief or stance; I am simply stating what I believe. I often listen to the views and beliefs of others and many times am grateful for the opportunity to learn from it. It does not mean that I endorse it or support it but I respect the person’s position.

This Sunday, we conclude the Persecuted Church series by looking at the Christian Faith Gatherings of the western nations. Sunday Services start at 10:30 MST and can seen live on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/) or viewed afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca).

Blessings

Pastor Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment