Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Jesus My Defender


          There are times when each one of us will have been made fun of, talked about, criticized, and never defended, all when we were absent and away from our tormenters. I am a Christian, involved in ministry, and I know that my wife and I have been the subject of jokes around others’ campfires, kitchen tables, and water coolers. Some of those who call themselves friends, and yes family, will find it easy to take shots at any of us who go to church. Yet, we will be the first to pray for them, forgiving their trespasses. Their crisis’, becomes our crisis, because Jesus tells us to love, unconditionally. What we have is an unbridled faith in God, and who we have is Jesus in our corner. He defends us, even to the Father, when we stumble. I can almost hear Him saying, I have faith in my children, so I will guide them in their spirit. He stands between us, the devil and the deep blue sea. He tries to prevent Satan from winning us over, and also from drowning  in our own despair. Very much like a hockey defence man  He will stand His ground to protect you from your adversaries.
          We know who speak ill of us, yet, we let it slide. We do this because words said against us, are only words. They have no value, carry no weight or credence. Romans 8:31 NIV reminds us, What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for uswhocan be against us? Now, I know that in the human, words can be hurtful, and they are hard to ignore. That’s why it is important to be mindful not to behave in the same manner. A true friend will defend you in your absence. A family who loves you, will do the same.
          In the same manner, we that follow Jesus, should be mindful to defend Him at every turn. Do what He would do. Do not be fooled into words that would you would not say to His face. Never criticize another’s religion, faith, or beliefs, yet never compromise your own. Love your neighbor as yourself, Mark 12:31. Forgive those who trespass against you. My mother always told me to never lower your standards, a life lesson that carries me daily. My encouragement and challenge is simple. Defend Jesus in your life, just as He defended you with His.
Mike Shindruk
          Master’s Hand Ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment