Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

A Message From Our Father

Last year, at Master’s Hand Ministry’s annual retreat at Camp Geddie, our guest speaker and friend, Buhle’Dlamini spoke about how God is in the recycling business. He spoke of how God takes all of us, who at some time, feel we are of no use, or no more use to anyone, and surprises us with how we all have a place in His kingdom. I thought of this lately as I was working on a project at out cottage at Eden Lake. While building cabinets in an outdoor kitchen for my wife, I began to fit a counter top. It was one, recycled from my mother’s home, which my dad built over thirty years ago. As I turned it over to make a cut, I was taken aback. There, in marker was my dad’s name, with the order number. Well I had an instant lump in my throat, realizing that twenty three years after his passing, my father still gave me a gift. Even in death, he was recycling something that seemingly was without value. The other amazing detail, is the name of the salesman, also in marker, is my wife’s cousin.

God, in His own way will re-purpose all of us, without warning, without fan-fair, just when we think we are of no value. He gifts us with His presence, and His constant encouragement through His word. I saw His attention and message to me through a simple building material. His gift to me was a realization that He is always with, and in me, as He is with you. James 1:17 NIV tells us, every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

My encouragement is that we should always remain in the assurance that we are God’s chosen, His children, His heirs. Even on our worst days, let us not forget that He loves us more than life. Jesus’ most precious gift was to die for us, and two thousand years later, that message is still within the pages of your Bible, a personal message from our Father.

Mike Shindruk
www.mastershandministry.blogspot.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment