Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Faithful Helper

It seems that I am constantly building something. I have been blessed with a decent set of carpentry skills, so I find this hobby quite easy. My wife and I literally built our home thirty five years ago. It is a modest wood frame bungalow, that has served us well. We absolutely drove every nail, painted every wall, raised our three children, and laughed and cried in every room. Every step of the way, my wife has been my faithful helper, never once giving into her own fatigue through the many hours of labour.

Even today, we are still building, now on our recreational property. We are both slower and weaker with our age, yet, she still manages to be my third hand, my right hand, my dead man, and my cheerleader. We are a team. She has always been my faithful helper that God gifted me with many years ago. Just like when God gave Adam, his faithful helper, Eve, so He gives all of us our very own.

The amazing unseen third party here is God himself. He is always our silent or not so silent faithful helper. We may forget this, or in my case in my past, I wasn’t paying attention. Whenever I come up with an idea, He is the one who inspires my action to make it a reality, like my family live edge slab table at the lake. If our Pastor or guest speaker must prepare a message to share, they may draw a blank, be it temporary, and behold, God will give them the words. He remains at our sides through everything from the miracle of a new baby, to the going home of a loved one. Jesus is there when we carry our babies home for the first time, and when we carry our loved ones home for the last time.

Through the noise of the world, and the silence of the lonely, He is right there with us all encouraging, and helping us get through one more day. We are only human, strong and frail at the same time. We cannot function on our own, and God knows that. So, as we remain faithful to one another, so He remains to us. If you need help with something today, whisper His name, and be assured that the most faithful helper we could ask for is already on the job.

Mike Shindruk

www.mastershandministry.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment