Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Our Changing Times

Many occasions I write in relationship to what will be spoken on Sunday but today I felt the need, no the urge, to write about something different. Yes, Sunday will still focus on the Armour of God but, for this article, let us look at change.

Change is the most difficult thing to deal with at times because it means stepping out of our comfort zone and taking a new path that, at times, can feel like stepping onto a trail that is fraught with unknowns, hazards and obstacles. Some people thrive on that rush of jumping into the unknown but there is still that sense of apprehension as they stand on the edge looking into the chasm and take inventory of their faculties. Some may weigh the options and step away while others will not give it a second thought and plunge headfirst into the great expanse.

We do need both types of people. We need those who will look at the situation and consider the risks. They will formulate a plan, assess the risks involved and provide alternatives should the risk be too great but we also need those who will jump headlong and show the way. I am a little of both. When we were cliff diving at Cascade Falls years ago, I was the one at the top of the cliff on the first jump considering the risks before my son and I jumped. In what seemed like an eternity (it was actually about five minutes), I weighed the risks, developed a plan and then we jumped.

Yes, there are times when the thought of change can scare the pants off us but change is inevitable for without change there is no growth, in fact there is only stagnation and eventually death. Many years ago, I was wondering about being in ministry and asking myself “what are you thinking?” I am not an eloquent speaker like those on TV or in the big churches, I am not as caring and compassionate as other ministers out there and when it comes to smarts – there are many who are very well versed in theology. It was when I asked God, “What would you have me do?” I received His message. It was clear and concise “You will be a catalyst for change”. Talk about being on the precipice and wondering which way to run.

We are all a catalyst for change in one way or another. Some will take cautious steps while others will take a running leap. We are all tasked to take that leap though because it says in scripture “Go forth into all the world, preach it, teach it and baptize them in the Word.” You don’t need to be Billy Graham to make a huge difference, you just need to put on the Armour of God and let His love shine in your life.

May God bless you all richly!

Pastor Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment