Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Peter's Picks

The Perfect 7-day Diet – Peter’s Picks
‘I am a Work in Progress’
Day 1: Philippians 1:6“And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.”
Day 2: 2 Corinthians 3:18“So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord – who is the Spirit – makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image."
Day 3: Philippians 3:12-14 – “I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.”
Day 4: Ephesians 4:15“Instead, we will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church.”
Day 5: Philippians 2:12“Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear.”
Day 6: Isaiah 30:18 – “So the Lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion. For the Lord is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for his help."
Day 7: 2 Peter 1:5-8 – “In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone. The more you grow like this, the more productive and useful you will be in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
** Verses taken from the New Living Translation


No comments:

Post a Comment