Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

It’s A Matter Of Love

 While my wife and I enjoyed a program on television last week, one of the characters, an elderly man, was having a dialogue exchange with a young lady and his line was this; “The worst thing about getting old, is that we become invisible”. I immediately felt empathy for the character as this is a painful truth. Actually, many of us at some time can, and will, feel the same way.  Regardless of social standing, job position, boss or employee, pastor or parishioner, leader or follower, we all suffer the same anonymity. You know the fear that we do not matter, we are not of any value or we are not important to someone. I’ve felt it and so have many of my friends.

This being said, I want to let you in one the worst kept secrets in the world. God is real and loves you and loves me. He reminded me this past weekend that me and everyone else needs to understand that. We, all of us individually, matter to Him. We are His children and are valuable to Him. You and I are worth as much to Jesus as any world leader, celebrity or charismatic evangelist. We are His own and none of us are loved any less than another. He has loved us from before time as we know it began. Here’s my proof. If you are married, or committed to someone, that partner is in love with you and you with them, not by chance but by His design. The fact that you are alive shows that two people loved you enough to have you and keep you. We all have friends in our past and present, proof again that Jesus is with us each step of the way. When we have a job or a church body to go to, be reminded that He has given you provision all very common yet unique to each of us.

I fell in love with my wife at first sight and have fallen in love with Jesus, whom I haven’t yet seen. God has given us life because He loves us, because we matter. He keeps calling to each of us. Invite Him into your household, love Him back and just imagine the love we will know when we meet Him face to face.

Mike Shindruk
www.mastershandministry.blogspot.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment