Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Give Thanks With A Grateful Heart

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. Ps 100 NIV

Search deep, real deep, and consider what you are truly thankful for. Be real honest with yourself because if you don’t, you are only fooling yourself -- Jesus knows your heart. Now, quickly say the first thing that comes to your mind that which you are truly thankful for. To be completely honest, my first thought that came to mind was my family. Now some may say that this is a wonderful thought but, truth be told, the first thought should have been my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Let’s look at this from a purely logical standpoint. Without God, my family does not exist because He is the Father of all mankind, Creator of the universe and all things. Without the Lord, my needs and possessions do not exist because He is the Perfect Provider. Without my Saviour, all that I am and all that I know would not exist and my future would be without hope for in my Lord lies my hope for eternity.

So Shout to the Lord, our Creator, our Protector and our Eternal Hope. I am so thankful that He is in my life and that through His Son, Jesus Christ, we shall not know death but rather we will know eternity with our Heavenly Father, for now and forever.

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.

Shalom

Pastor Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment