Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Just A Closer Walk

I was listening to Canton Junction sing this wonderful old Hymn and, after listening to the words, I went onto the web to find the lyrics for further reflection.

Just a Closer Walk with Thee | Anonymous/Unknown
I am weak, but Thou art strong; Jesus, keep me from all wrong; I’ll be satisfied as long as I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

Through this world of toil and snares, if I falter, Lord, who cares? Who with me my burden shares? None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.

When my feeble life is o’er, time for me will be no more; Guide me gently, safely o’er to Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.

There are times in our lives when the burdens become just too great and our coping methods seem to fall short. We hit the bookstore for the latest DIY fix-me-up books, turn to online TV gurus who are selling the latest and greatest potions and cures for the trending issues of the day or, turn to the old standbys; the bottle, drugs or the any other distraction. I look up to the mountains and ask where does my help come from and the world tells us exactly where we can go for temporary relief. The relief for these sources lasts only as long as the money lasts to buy the fleeting happiness…but where does my help come from, my infinite and perfect help?

I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. Ps 121:1-2 NIV

I know I am weak but my God is strong. He walks close to me and when I falter, He is there. To rely on Do It Yourself is to rely on a finite person who has boundaries but to recognize that I am feeble and He is strong, that He shares my burdens reminds me that He is the Infinite Creator! He is my guide in life and my guide to the Kingdom…daily I walk with Thee! Praise God!

This Sunday, we look to 2 Corinthians 13:1-10 as it applies to our lives and the life of His church.

Blessings

Pastor Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment