Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Friday, October 1, 2021

A Step Above

So, usually I do an article on Monday or Tuesday of the week but this week, nothing came to mind and I was left with a half finished article that was making little to no sense. I will revisit that article at a later date but today, God gave me a message to pass along. To tell the truth, as I was riding around today on the quads with my buddies, this message also spoke to me. So, with that said, allow me to share.

About a month ago, I ran into a few issues with my quad. Had a problem that was self-inflicted, that is, I tried to turn my quad into a submarine. After two oil changes to flush out the system, a couple of us went for a rip and I ended up wrapping a tow cable around the rear axle and destroying the CV joint. After getting a new axle and installing it, the V-belt blew apart, took out the gasket on the cover, one of the cover bolts seized and had to be cut out, my winch caved on me and the seal on the axle I just put in leaked because I nicked it during installation. Everything was in place to do the repairs and all the parts were purchased except for one thing; the seal was the wrong size because the differential had been changed out and the seals were different. I found two seals, one was in Vancouver and the second was in Calgary. I ordered both but the delivery company from Calgary had taken the day off so we were not able to complete the repairs in time for our outing today. So, you may ask what does this have to do with anything? Where is the devotional message I spoke of? Wait for it.

The night before we were supposed to go out, I had resigned myself to the fact that I was not going out with the crew but something changed. I got a text message from my buddy Steve that I could use one of his quads so that we could enjoy an awesome day out with friends on the quads. This morning, I was picked up by Al and we rolled out to Rigs Street (Google it). Once there, Steve showed up with both quads, one a 2018 and the other, a very new 2021 quad, barely broken in and nary a scratch on it. We unloaded the machines and I started to load my gear into the older and smaller unit as I had assumed I was riding that one but Steve jumped onto that one and told me I was riding his new quad. I was beside myself. It was a grand gesture to offer me a ride for the day but to offer the best ride in the stable. I was completely floored but, if you know Steve, that is the type of guy he is. This was top of mind for the majority of the day and then it finally hit me and no, I did not fall off the machine and hit my head. My friend had offered me the best he had without expectation of return. Mind…blown!

Consider this, God did not hold beck His best for us. He created the world and gave us everything we needed to succeed in his realm. We had the Garden of Eden, had all we could ever need to live in perfect relationship with our Lord and He had provided us with perfect love. As time went along, God continued to provide numerous opportunities for all His children to know and experience His grace and live with a hope of a returning to Him in glory. Over two thousand years ago, He gave His Son to us all. The Father did not hold back. God did not send a second cousin twice removed or the son of a guy who used to be a servant to a land owner He used to know but rather He gave us His one and only Son, the best He had to offer. Now comes the interesting point. Steve knew of my track record as of late yet he gave me his newest machine without hesitation. God knows all of our track records yet He gave to us His Son, perfect in every way, so that we live our lives in a wonderful relationship with our Lord. Steve did not want our crew to be missing a member on a wonderful day that the Lord had made. God does not want a single one of His children to miss out on the perfect eternity He has made for each of us. Let us be glad and rejoice in this.

This week we continue the series on “The Way, Truth and Life, Saving Grace”. We invite you to join us this Sunday either in person or watch us online at 10:30 AM.

Facebook Live - https://www.facebook.com/main.ave.31

YouTube Live – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs9LIkN_QTdVM6eVXEgy9QA

We look forward to seeing you this Sunday.

Blessings,

Pastor Todd

www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment