Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

To Whom It May Concern

Have you ever got a letter like this in the mail or by email? Here is a hint for anyone wanting to send a note like this to me; do your research! The other day I got a call from a marketer asking to “speak to the person in charge of our debit machine”. I stopped for a moment and thought “should I play this out for a bit or cut the conversation short?” there have been numerous occasions where I have played around with the calls that claimed I had a parcel at customs that was suspicious and I was being investigated or, the best one in my opinion, my computer was acting up and they needed to help me fix it. Playing dumb is not a hard stretch for me at times so I can make this process drag on for some time. My friend plays country music at high volume for them, another buddy will share the gospels with them while another…let’s just say there is an air horn involved. For those who are trying to sell me a product, I have a hint, those conversations usually start with “Good day, Todd” or “How are you today, Mr. MacDonald?” This means I may know them and I will take a moment to listen and give them the courtesy they deserve, whether I know them or not. Letters in the mail that start “to whom it may concern find the trash bin quickly unless there is a free gift inside, then the letter goes into file 13 and the gift goes on my desk. Sound harsh? Just remember this, people love to hear the sound of their own name and will pay attention if you use their name right off the hop. It is our nature.

So, why do I say this? There is a Christian song by Tommy Walker called “He Knows My Name”. Some of you may know the song but if you don’t, Google the lyrics and read the words. The chorus goes like this:

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And He hears me when I call

Consider Isaiah 43:1

But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you.
    O Israel, the one who formed you says,
“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
    I have called you by name; you are mine.

Our Creator knows our names, He calls us by name and knows us more intimately than we realize. He knows our hearts, He knows our dreams, He even knows the number of hairs on our head. There is a relationship by Him for each of us but is it reciprocal? When He calls, do people play the mind tricks and try to play Him, do they screen the call and figure He may just leave a message that can be ignored or do people shout so loud trying to drown Him out? When God calls, He calls you knowing full well who we are and what we have done. He knows each tear that falls and He knows our voice when we call. His invitation does not start off with “To Whom It May Concern”. What a joy to know that!

This week we continue the series on “The Way, Truth and Life, Sustaining Grace”. We invite you to join us this Sunday either in person or watch us online at 10:30 AM.

Facebook Live - https://www.facebook.com/main.ave.31

YouTube Live – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs9LIkN_QTdVM6eVXEgy9QA

We look forward to seeing you this Sunday.

Blessings,

Pastor Todd

www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment