Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

It’s Not You, It’s Me


Watching a show the other day and I heard the actor say “when someone says to you ‘it’s not you, it’s me’ it is definitely you”. There is so much out in the world that is causing us to question, “Is it me or is the world gone crazy?” What exactly does hoarding toilet paper have to do with this new virus? The reason I ask this; I have on numerous occasion thought I must be crazy because I have no idea what toilet paper and this virus have in common. Think about it, if I have a virus that is related to pneumonia, I suggest that we should be stocking up on facial tissues rather than bottom fluff. I am more concerned that my nose is leaking and not my gluteus maximus. So, ergo, I am suggesting to the population who are obsessed with bottom cleansing disposable wipers, it’s not you, it’s me (see aforementioned explanation for clarification of sarcasm).

Now, let’s look at another one of my perplexing conundrum. So many are in such a hurry they do not take the time to slow down and enjoy what God has provided. Before anyone says “hello, pot, kettle, black”, I never said I was perfect but I am working on it (see sanctification). To quote one of my great mentors “I’m a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess”. Let’s break the thought of rest into its earliest definition. In Genesis, God created all things in six days and then stated in Genesis 2the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array. By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done. God then commanded all His creation to keep the Sabbath holy and to rest. Scientists say that a minimum of one day rest in seven helps us to stay healthy, God says keep one day of rest holy but so many disregard this and pack the week to the max. Families suffer, health suffers and society suffers as we continue to push past the limits. Once again I say; it’s not you, it’s me. I have apologized to so many from my past for my inability to stop and take time for them. I failed but I have learned and am learning. Take time for those you love. God, family and friends are, in my opinion, more important than chasing after more “stuff”. It is me who decides priorities – I choose relationship over stuff, what will you decide?

We invite you to join us if you can at 10:30 MST on Sunday or watch live online on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/ ) or view it afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca). See you all Sunday.

Blessings
Pastor Todd


No comments:

Post a Comment