Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Do I Believe In The Salvation Message?


Have you ever heard this one before? “How can I believe in something or someone I can’t see?” There are numerous people out there who do not want to believe in God because they feel the need for something to be tangible before they can put their faith in it. “If I can’t see it, touch it or understand it, I am not sure I can buy into it.” This is an ideal that I, personally, can’t wrap my head around. So let’s be silly for a moment. We cannot see air yet without the air around us we would die. Can you use it? Can you feel it? Yet without it, we could not survive. Okay, let’s try another one. Can we see an electron? The atom is made up of protons, neutrons and electrons but we can’t see electrons but consider this, if we don’t have electrons, the atom would be missing an integral part of its make-up and could not exist. Sean Craft noted in a 2016 article in Quora “…seeing something is not required to determine its properties, in fact many properties cannot be understood simply by processing the light that bounces off of an object.” So with that thought in mind, we don’t have to see to believe.

Now I make a case for Christ. Jesus lived and His life was recorded in more than one place. He fulfilled prophecies that not many would want to lay claim to. He would be persecuted and mocked and in the end He would die so that others would live. He touched people and they touched Him. I am not sure if anyone has been investigated as much as our Saviour and yet people still say since they have not seen Him, they do not believe. The logic just does not compute with me. I recently read an article by researchers that noted the earth may have been completely covered by water. We have known this for centuries.

And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good. Gen 1:9-10

We did not see this happen, yet it did and we are proving it, empirically. Let’s face it, there will still be the Doubting Thomas’ out there who need proof. “I will believe if I can put my finger in the holes made by the nails.”

Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Mine is not a blind faith, there is more than enough proof to declare the truth. I would caution people not to be caught up in a blind denial due to a lack of knowledge and understanding. God forgives but He also demands that we declare Christ as King and Saviour.

We invite you to join us if you can at 10:30 MST on Sunday or watch live online on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/ ) or view it afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca). See you all Sunday.

Blessings
Pastor Todd



No comments:

Post a Comment