Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Sunday, February 25, 2018

You Decide

Every day, each of us make countless decisions. Some are so insignificant that we couldn’t remember them even if we tried. Others will stand in our memory forever. I remember the decision to ask my wife to marry me, yet I could not tell you perhaps what my supper was two weeks ago. I remember when I accepted Jesus into my life, on a level I never knew existed. As I, and we get older, important decisions that impact the rest of our lives, take on a much more different tone. When I was younger, my wife and I made decisions that would impact and affect our children, above our own needs. I believe that we all experience these in our own way.

This past week, I have had to contemplate, pray, sleep, discuss and lament over a couple of pending decisions that without God in the equation, I could not do. Both, not connected to each other, will not only impact me, but others around me who I care deeply for. For one, the effect will be short term, the other, will be much longer. At the end of the day, they are only in the human, and will pass, and I will be back to sleeping like a baby.

The importance of these, are pale by comparison to our decision to accept Jesus into our lives. In our current Bible study, some discussion has been around the question of Salvation, and whether or not a person can lose theirs. Once we accept Christ, and then consciously return to sinful ways, then our agreement is broken, and we can only then wait for the wrath of God’s judgement. Hebrews 10:26-27 NCV, If we decide to go on sinning after we have learned the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins. There is nothing but fear in waiting for the judgement and the terrible fire that will destroy all those who live against God.

So we can see, that even our loving and forgiving Father will judge us on our decisions. I for one will now take comfort in knowing that we can and should, all turn to God in prayer when making any decisions in the human. When it comes to our accepting Jesus as our Lord, then we must above all, take and make that decision with a lot more responsibility. Can we lose our salvation? I don’t know, and I’m not willing to take that chance. So now it’s up to you to decide. Choose your future and your eternity wisely.

Mike Shindruk
www.mastershandministry.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment