Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

A Bad Cup Of Coffee


Have you ever had something small lend itself to setting the mood for your day? On Monday of this past week, my morning coffee from a local drive-thru, was simply terrible because it was innocently mixed wrong, and in my haste I waited until I arrived at work to check it. Well, needless to say the first few tasks of addressing a couple of “grass fires” at work received my divided attention. I attempted to rework the mix in our lunchroom, which helped a bit, but really, the damage was done. Unfortunately, I was short and sharp with a couple of unsuspecting co-workers.
          
So after a few sips, and apologies, a co-worker and I began a conversation about how Satan tries to set our days up for failure. He shared with me that when growing up in his family home, it seemed like his father would somehow end up raising a ruckus on many Sunday mornings before church. His home was a Jesus following, God fearing place of believers, yet Satan found a way to get in early enough to disrupt the serenity of Sunday morning. The result was that the family would then attend church, and never really hear or receive God’s message. Why? Well Satan had succeeded in creating enough of a diversion that the family lost out on God’s gift that day. Once they realized this, then they were well able to deflect the attacks.
          
I realized myself that Satan tried to do the same with me. Yet, he lost. You see, he hated the fact that I was bathing in the glow of the awesome service from Sunday evening church. God had washed over our entire gathering with so much power and love, that it was still on us the next day.  God was with me on Monday and He spoke to my heart, allowing me to know that He had given me my armor for the day. He alone had kicked Satan to the curb, and showed me how something as simple as a cup of coffee could be used to make or break someone’s spirit. He taught me that perhaps the server who made that cup for me, also had Satan creep into their morning and upset their apple cart. I’m certain that God addressed that in short order.
          
Psalm 46:1 NCV tells us “God is our protection and our strength. He always helps in times of trouble. This is so important to remember the next time Satan tries to derail your day, with something as small as a bad cup of coffee.

Mike Shindruk
www.mastershandministry.blogspot.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment