Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Remember The Great Days


His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ Mat 25:21 ESV

Some of the greatest influences in my spiritual walk have shaped my idea of ministry and been a beacon for my development. I give props to God on high for my development but I also recognize He has placed some incredible mentors on my path along the way. Dr. Alden Aikens taught me to start with Scripture and build a message on biblical foundation. Dr. Glenn Follis taught me that you need balance in ministry and Mrs. Pease taught me we always have a chance to rebuild after travesty. I could go on and on but I really wanted to bring forward one more name.

I have never met the man but I always felt he was a good friend. There was never the opportunity to have a coffee with him, chat one on one or even have a deep relationship and yet he was a mentor for me. Rev. Billy Graham passed today at the age of 99. This wonderful man of faith spoke the truth of the Scriptures, helped millions come to understand just how much God loves us all and gave us all the awesome message of hope. For this, I feel I know him, trust him and look to him as a mentor. We mourn his loss and yet celebrate his passage into glory. Today he sits with the Father in Heaven; well done, good and faithful servant. His race is run and Rev. Graham is victorious! I pray that we/I can finish the race with the same comfort knowing that in everything we gave our utmost for our God. Rest well good servant, we will see you soon enough once again.

We invite you to join us this Sunday either in person or online as we welcome Chaplain Tim Kirby as he brings a message for us. Services start at 10:30 MST and can be seen live on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/) or viewed afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca). This Sunday, we also share in our monthly Fellowship Feast. Stick around afterwards for a meal and some good conversation.

Blessings
Pastor Todd


No comments:

Post a Comment