Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

For The Record


In a time where people are gathering into their own self-specific groups and declaring persecution, can I put this forward for consideration and contemplation; at the very core of our being, we are all exactly the same and are all wonderfully made. Whether you are a person of faith, of no faith or somewhere in between, each of you is the same as the person sitting next to you on the bus or in the mall.

Consider this for a moment, the cause of every argument in the world is a difference in opinion. I can declare a certain political affiliation and someone will invariably declare “Well I’m not, I support this group and you are wrong! You can substitute anything in those two spots as long as they are a bit off and you can cause dissention and stress. I can declare I follow Christ and someone will ask which denomination. I can declare I am Canadian and someone will ask which part of Canada I am from. I can declare that I am normal and I will be asked to define my idea of normal.

When it comes right down to it, I am a person designed of flesh and blood, exchanging CO2 in my lungs with oxygen to provide my organs with the air required for life. My movement is governed by complex chemical and electrical signals controlled by my brain. Whether we are of faith or not, we laugh and cry, love and wonder just like anyone else around. We are as complex as the next person and no two are exactly alike in appearance or thought but foundationally we are all created the same and are wonderfully constructed.

In a time when so many are looking for ways to find a way to be different, why not try this; find a way to be different from the world foundationally. Love like there is no tomorrow, share kindness with a stranger, laugh from your toes, empathize from your heart and pour into the lives of others and help them to see that we are all truly special. Breath deeply of the beauty surrounding you and never forget that we are all foundationally the exact same. My God says love; there is nothing wrong with message and there is a calmness when one stops to reflect on what the world truly needs, what it truly desires.

For the record, my God came to earth to be a beacon of God’s love amongst all humanity. His message was simple and concise; love God with all you are and love those around you as yourself. We invite you to join us this Sunday either in person or online. Services start at 10:30 MST and can be seen live on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/) or viewed afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca).

Blessings
Pastor Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment