Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Peter's Picks


The Perfect 7-day Diet – Peter’s Picks
‘HEAVY HEART?’
Day 1: Psalm 73:26 – “My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.”
Day 2: Psalm 34:18 – “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.”
Day 3: 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 – “That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are[a] being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.”
Day 4: Matthew 11:28-30 – “Then Jesus said, ‘Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.’”
Day 5: Psalm 22:24– “For he has not ignored or belittled the suffering of the needy. He has not turned his back on them, but has listened to their cries for help.”
Day 6: 2 Corinthians 1:3, 4 – “All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.”
Day 7: Romans 8:17, 18 – “And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.”
** Verses taken from the New Living Translation

No comments:

Post a Comment