Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

So What Do You Believe In?

I could start by quoting the Apostle Creed or the Articles of Faith but do the words from others truly describe what I believe? These are the words of other men and women to describe what they believe to be the all-encompassing truth of the Word but it is someone else’s idea? So what do I believe in?

Let us start with the Word of God.

When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
“But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:13-16

This is a HUGE declaration considering that, in that time, uttering allowed that Jesus is the Messiah was a death sentence but to understand this was also a massive leap of faith; God with us!!! Isaiah spoke of the coming of the Messiah, the Prince of peace, God sending His grace to dwell with mankind. Peter declared Jesus to be the Son of God and, in a letter to the Romans, Paul, one time hunter of those who declared Jesus as the Son of God, prompted others to declare their faith in Christ!

…“The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. Romans 10:8-10

I believe Jesus is the Son of God, Saviour of all mankind and, by believing in His sacrifice for me, I will live in His presence forever. Death has no hold over my life and every day is a gift and a joy. I will praise His name from the mountain top and declare His love for all mankind in the best of times and in the hardest of times. I believe that this life is just a precursor for something much better to come but until that time, I live life for my community and for my God.

This Sunday, we will look at Romans 10 and taking note of the hope and joy in knowing our wonderful Creator.

Blessings

Pastor Todd

1 comment: