Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Friday, February 21, 2020

A King’s Kid


I am a king’s kid, rather I am The Kings’ kid. Our pastor tells us this quite often, and because I trust her, I believe her. For those who may read this, and want proof, well here you go. First I will pose a couple of questions to you, so answer in your heart, truthfully. Are you having a terrible time right now, with no visible hope or relief in sight for your situation? Have you honestly stopped to simply sit and speak with God about it, or just continue to lament with no let up? Well we have all been there and done that.
         
This past week I took my wife for a medical appointment in Halifax. The day was one where my mom would say the sun was splitting the rocks. Dry conditions made the roads perfect for driving. My thoughts were distracted by the possibility of gridlock in the city. To my delight, as I exited the bridge over Halifax harbour, there wasn’t a vehicle in front of me pretty much until we arrived in front of the VG Hospital. For us, we saw God’s grace for clearing a path. As we made our way to register, again with no delays, we had care and compassion from the doctor. She spent the next hour methodically answering every question and concern, without a hint of urgency to get to the next patient. Again, a sense of peace was given, we believe by God. We ventured to the appointment with uncertainty, yet left with a relaxed spirit filled assurance that the coming year would be better than the last one. Who else but our Father could arrange such things? Who else but our God can wipe away any fear, trouble, anxiety, stress, or even doubt? No one else is the answer. If we look to the mountains, as in Psalm 121, and stand on the promises that He gives us in Jeremiah 29:11, then regardless of our situations, we will be given peace.
    
We cannot expect an answer to our prayers and fears if we don’t cling on to the gift of hope that Jesus gives us. Our human bodies will get sick, be broken, be addicted, and fail. We are not designed to live in our skin forever. Yet, the closer we draw to God, the easier He will make our life journey. He is my Father, and He is your Father, the King and we are His kids, so that makes us King’s kids. Lean in and ask Him for a clear path. He gave us one this week, and He’ll do the same for you.

Mike Shindruk
www.mastershandministry.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment