Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Thanks For Your Forgiveness

Last Sunday after leaving church, and on the way to drop something off for a friend, I rounded a corner. While chatting with my wife I approached a vehicle, and as it passed, an immediate flash of red and blue lights came on. Checking my rear view, I saw that it was turning around very quickly. After a moment or two, I noticed that I was over the speed limit, so those lights were obviously for my benefit. After pulling over, an officer approached and politely asked for the usual drivers’ license etc. He said I was going kind of fast and I agreed that yes, I noticed after he lit me up. While he was checking my documents, my mind could only race as to how I was to afford a fine for my transgression. Well, my thoughts were broken by the words, “all is good here, so just take it easy and slow down”.
     
For those few awkward silent moments I feared punishment for wandering outside the lines so to speak. Yet, fear was displaced with relief at his words of forgiveness. The officer held my forgiveness in the palm of his hand, and chose to gift me with it. His compassion was shown to me on his discretion, and I was very thankful for that. All the way home, I actually became over guarded, perhaps wanting to be extra good in my behavior. Of course my reminder was seated beside me.
   

I thought of how my thoughts of thanks became so valuable, measured perhaps by the value of the fine. I also began to think of the true value that we all should have for the forgiveness of our Father, God. He sent His son, Jesus to live and die among us, and for us. He sacrificed Himself for the forgiveness of our human sins for all time. This does not mean that we can behave however we want with a free pass. It does allow us to be the frail people we are, to fall, to fail, yet to reach up for His hand which is always reaching down. It’s as if Jesus is saying,” it’s ok my child, I know you tripped, yet I forgive you, again. Be on your way, remember Me daily, and just slow down. There will be no fine, as I have paid it in full”.
 
Today, I hope you will think of His grace, of His love, and of His daily forgiveness of perhaps speeding through your life without realizing it.
 
Mike Shindruk
www.mastershandministry.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment